Mandarin on the Road
2016 KaiXin Mandarin on the Road
Shanghai – Suzhou – Beijing
- 7 days of sightseeing in Shanghai, Suzhou & Beijing
- Mandarin lessons & learning materials
- Language and cultural assignments & activities
- Scavenger Hunt
- Cooking class
- Chinese movie
- Tickets to Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Center, Shanghai World Financial Center, Niu Garden, Hanshan Temple, Grand Canal Cruise
Program does NOT include:
- International round trip airfare & domestic transportation in China.
- Visa fees
- Accommodations in Shanghai & Beijing
- Tickets for the Great Wall & the Forbidden City
- Food & drinks
- Personal entertainment
Students are strongly encouraged to use Mandarin as often as possible during this trip. We will have many different activities that are associate with Mandarin, and students need to use the knowledge of this language to accomplish the assignments along the trip.
The must “Dos” on the road:
- Students will learn a new set of vocabularies daily. Handouts will be provided.
- At the end of the trip, students must turn in ONE journal to describe their amazing experiences & feelings.
- Must converse in Mandarin 30 minutes minimum daily.
- Record one video clip of you speaking Mandarin with a native Mandarin speaker.
- Students who are interested in this program are encouraged to purchase flight tickets and book hotel/Airbnb accommodations together. Airbnb is a good option for affordability and spending an awesome time with friends together.
- Students should consider purchasing international data plan for your cell phone before the trip if your carrier does not already provide international data services.
|6/18, Saturday||Latest depart from San Francisco to Shanghai|
|6/19, Sunday||Latest arrival toShanghai
Scavenger hunt, explore BlindDateCorner at People’s Park, Mandarin meet-up
Tourthe Bund &skyscrapers in FinancialDistrict,karaoke
Cooking class (1-3pm), Chinese movie, bowling
|6/23, Thursday||Day trip to Suzhou
ExperienceGarden(留园) &HanshanTemple(寒山寺),Grand Canal Cruise
ExploreShanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Center (上海城市规划中心) &Yu Garden (豫园)
|6/25, Saturday||Early train to Beijing
Taste delicious street food inQianmen(前门)/Houhai(后海)
Hike upthe Great Wall(长城)&visit the Forbidden City(故宫)
|6/27, Monday||Farewell to Beijing